Saturday, May 23, 2009

Update

Well, I haven't posted anything for a really long time, so here is an update on the Johnson family! Wesley is working for Teleperformance in Orem. He just got a shift change so he will now be working from 7am to 6pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. We are very excited that he will have Saturdays off so we can play like normal people. We live in Provo and just finished planting our garden. We are looking forward to zucchini, cucumbers, tomatoes, cantalope, carrots and onions. I would have loved to have had peas, but I didn't get it together in time. I don't have to plant any flowers, because those who we are renting from have a million flowers planted. We also have five fruit trees and lots of grapes. Hopefully we will have a good harvest; it is our first time doing this, so we will see. This week I made a rhubarb pie for Wesley who has never eaten it. I got the recipe from my grandma and with a little tweaking (to make it gluten-free!) it turned out great. Our car works great, though we aren't fond of the car payment and in general life is pretty good. We are not sure how school is going to work with Wesley's job and paying tuition, but we will see. We applied for Federal Aid and are now in the process of jumping through the hoops to get it. Overall, life is pretty good. We see our families at least once a week and often more than that. Last week, we babysat my siblings while my parents went to San Diego. We had a pretty good time, but were happy to be back at our house where the bed is not so big, although I am pretty sure Wesley misses the fact that my parent's bed is adjustible.

No comments: