Wednesday, February 25, 2009


Well, I posted pictures of my new hair on facebook, but neglected to do so here. On President's Day, Wesley had to work so I went to my parent's house at seven a.m. (Yuck!) Both of my brothers needed haircuts and as I just learned how to cut Wesley's hair, they let me get some practice in. Katelyn decided that she wanted a haircut too and so did my mom. I had been thinking about cutting my hair for a while and since my friend who has cut my hair for the past year and who did it for my wedding was working, we decided to all go get our hair cut too. I sat down in her chair and said, "Melanie, I am donating my hair! What can you do with it?" She got all excited and showed me how much ten inches was. I actually wanted my hair shorter than that, so she ended up cutting off 14 inches to donate plus more to style my hair. I now have an A-line that goes a little past my chin. I love it! It is a million times lighter, (even though it is thicker again) and takes half the time to do in the morning. I can't french braid it anymore when I don't feel like doing anything, but I can do two short little ponytails. It is great. Wesley always told me he liked my long hair because he could play with it, but he has played with my short hair more in the week and half that I have had it, than he played with my long hair since I got home from Mexico. Go figure!

No comments: