Tuesday, November 18, 2008


Part 2.
So, now we were hanging out again. Wesley had noticed that I had a tendency to keep things to myself and told me that if I ever had a bad day, I should call him to vent. Well, being in college and having stressful classes, there are always bad days. It was a Tuesday and had been the worst day ever. I decided to take Wesley up on his offer but when I called, he was on his way out and promised to call me as soon as he got back. While I was waiting, I made myself an omelet. He called me back and we talked. I vented for a bit and when I wound down, he started telling me about this girl that he liked. Needless to say, after just having realized that I liked him, that was not what I wanted to hear on my bad day. Overall, it was a very stressful and aggravating conversation and it ended with him coming down to Provo (he was living at home while I was living at Heritage Halls) to talk in person.
We went for a walk and basically confessed, fairly openly I might add, that we liked each other. We weren't really sure where to go from there but obviously we figured it out! We continued hanging out with mutual friends and did lots of things together. He held my hand for the first time after a birthday party for Cydney while he was driving me home. I was pretty good about that, but when it came to our first kiss, I was quite difficult!
Overall, we officially dated for about three months before his mission and then wrote to each other weekly throughout his mission. I left for Mexico on a Study Abroad three days before he returned from his mission and let me tell you, that was the hardest letter that I had to write! Almost as bad as a Dear John, although I did that too, just for fun. We spoke on the phone every week while I was gone and when I got home, he had some time to become normal (as normal as he can be!) again. It felt like we just picked up where we left off and two months later, he proposed. That is a story for another time.

1 comment:

Cydney Jensen said...

So how are wedding plans? Where are the engagement pictures?