Wednesday, January 21, 2009


Yay! Engagement stuff! We got to campus early and so I have time to blog. Here is how Wesley proposed:
On Sunday, August 24th, less than a week after his first shoulder surgery, Wesley decided not to take his pain medicine, despite the fact that we had three sacrament meetings to go to, two missionary get-together meals and a family dinner. I kept trying to get him to take it and he kept saying, "I'll take it later." So, in the middle of one of the missionary things, his sister called and he tells me that they want to take us for a drive. Okay...so we went. We drove out to a place called Salem Lake Park, where we wandered around for a bit. Wesley and I walked over to a bridge and were talking about how my grandpa always threatened to throw us into the water. Then he tells me to close my eyes because he has something for me. My first thought was that he couldn't be proposing because he hadn't talked to my dad yet (he was supposed to do that while I was at band camp the coming week). My next thought was to wonder if he was giving me a bug or a fake spider or something because of our conversation. Then I heard his knee hit the boards of the wooden bridge. I gasped (I am assured that it was a very cute gasp) and my eyes flew open to see him holding a ring. He then asked me to marry him, to which I said yes. He claims that it was barely audible, even though it was just pitched slightly higher than my normal voice. When we turned around, his sister and brother-in-law had a camera and had been taking pictures. It was incredibly sweet, especially considering that he was hurting due to lack of pain medicine. We drove back to his grandparents house after calling my parents. Everybody had known he was proposing except for me. He had wanted to surprise me, because I claim to not like surprises. My husband is the best ever!

1 comment:

Cydney Jensen said...

I think it is funny that you got engaged on our one year anniversary!